"My favorite pastime is letting time pass, having the time, taking my time, wasting my time, living out of time- against the current. " -Francoise Sagan

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MT's Prayer

Today I have had the great pleasure of lying in the grass at a park (our favorite park- the one Nathanael proposed to me at) that over looks... well, everything! It is my favorite place, a little haven and the weather was more than ideal. Maybe I am just getting foggy, but I don't remember another day in my life where the weather was so perfect. It wasn't just the bright sun, that was kind rather than intruding- or the soft breeze that was neither warm or cool. I think what I liked best was the smell. This sweet fresh smell... it was invigorating. But gentle, and soft. The best day ever. Even as I write this, the breeze is flooding my room with this light fragrance and freshness.

It made me think of this prayer of Mother Teresa's:
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine.


That prayer was the first time I thought of it as fragrance. I've always thought of the Holy Spirit being a light, and that the more I was within the word, the brighter my light would shine. That I would be a beacon for those who didn't know our Savior. After reading that I thought, how incredible that sensory example is. When I walk into a room, I hope my light shines bright, but when I walk out... that light is gone, right? Well just like everyone knows, if you are doused in the perfume, people smell you before you arrive, and you linger after you leave. Now that's what I call leaving an imprint! haha!


I guess today wouldn't have been so perfect if there was a rancid smell in the air. No great imagery could cover up a really awful stench. But even if I could barely see, or was looking down a smoggy city and I smelt that peace and serenity in the air, it would somehow calm me.

I pray not only to be His light in the world, and to have on my lips His words, in my heart His song, but that wherever I go to spread His fragrance as well. I want to be so full of Him that it puts all my senses in action!

No comments: