"My favorite pastime is letting time pass, having the time, taking my time, wasting my time, living out of time- against the current. " -Francoise Sagan

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sounds you feel

Rare are the times you can sit and absorb what is around you so accurately that it leaves a deep impression. Rarer still, are you able to record those times with a memento like a picture. On my honeymoon with Nathanael we hiked around Point Lobos, the fog was coming in thick, and it was cold. I found a place where on either side there was beach- difficult to describe. The beach I was facing was made of pebbles and I remember sitting on a rock listening to the sound the crystal blue waves made as it dragged itself from shore and into an arc of momentum. I breathed in the cool moist air, and looked up above the cliff (I was sitting below) and I could see Nathanael looking around the near coastal area. The sounds of those pebbles resonated with me so deeply, I did not want to move. But I did snap a shot. Today for some reason I recalled that few minutes while washing dishes.


Point Lobos, California

No comments: