"My favorite pastime is letting time pass, having the time, taking my time, wasting my time, living out of time- against the current. " -Francoise Sagan

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Falling for fall


Fall is my favorite time of year... and today it felt so much like fall. It was a cool high of 72 degrees, with strong winds and a mix of wet grass smell and smoky chimney smell. It was awesome! I took my son out several times, and watched him wrinkle his nose as the wind blew his hair way back.
I love fall for the fashion as well... the boots, and tights with skirts and shorts... the sweater vests and layers. I love that it's warm enough to take casual walks and cool enough to grab a sweater. It's a break from the heat of the summer (especially since we get highs in the low 100's out here) and a quiet warning of colder weather to come.

No comments: