"My favorite pastime is letting time pass, having the time, taking my time, wasting my time, living out of time- against the current. " -Francoise Sagan

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Salute!

My Christmas was delightful... more or less.
Our Christmas tree died prematurely unfortunately, due to improper trunk trimming. We left it up because it's radiant and glows- well, at least the little lights on it do. We had a great Christmas meal, and over the weekend we went to Grass Valley, and Crush 29. It was nice to be with my brothers and sisters and we had good time, laughing and playing games!
Next year we will be spending Christmas in Atlanta and maybe it'll be a white one!

For New Years Nathanael and I decided not to make resolutions that are personal, because most resolutions people make are things they should think about daily, and do daily throughout their entire lives... the New Year resolutions, I've found, are little traps that set people up for disappointment. Now, I'm not saying that for some people New Year Resolutions don't lead to a lifestyle change, but my guess is that for the majority, it is not.

So we decided to make a resolution about the places we most want to visit in 2009. Making these resolutions based upon the idea that our financial situation stays mostly the same (however we pray that it does not stay the same!) throughout the next coming year. This is our list tentatively:
  • Fort Bragg, Ca
  • Lake Tahoe, Ca
  • Sonoma, Ca
  • Yosemite, Ca
  • Santa Cruz, Ca
  • Monterey Bay/Carmel, Ca
  • Cambria, Ca
  • Palm Springs, Ca
  • San Diego, Ca
This list isn't based on places we haven't been to yet, because I've been to every single one of those places, and Nathanael has probably been to half that are listed. It is a list of the places we'd like to re-visit MOST. I think we can do it, because (luckily) most of those places are day trips... however, some we'd have to make a two day holiday or more out of it. Also, I made a list of all the places we've been in 2008 and it's A LOT of places- I was surprised!

We hope that we can take some of these trips with some family, but if not that's okay too...

And of course, I hope to love my God more fervently in this coming year as I hope to do more so everyday... and that I come closer to being the woman of virtue that God wants me to be. My prayer for all my loved ones is that they may keep themselves in the will of the Lord and that He may bless them with health and spiritual prosperity!

Salute and Happy 2009!

1 comment:

emma said...

Nice list. We've made one too: 'places we want to visit before we leave California'. :) Yosemite & Tahoe are both on that list - we should try to meet up. :) Santa Barbara is also a big one for us. :)